Thursday, February 16, 2012

30 Weeks and counting!

That's right...30 weeks down, 10-ish to go.  Sounds kind of bizarre knowing we've already come this far, but somehow when I sit around and think about it this doesn't seem real.  Even as I typed that I got my little reminder that it IS real in the form of a kick in the ribs. ;)  Sometimes I sit in the rocking chair in his room and just daydream.

My last appointment with Dr. Nicholls went well, and he is proud of us for being "perfect". (HIS word, not mine.)  We had our 4D ultrasound the following day, and just as we thought, he's adorable!  I've started having a little bit of swelling in my fingers, but it doesn't usually stick around all day.  My energy is slowly leaving me again, and I'm back to napping off and on just like in the first trimester.  Everyone says that's normal, and thank goodness I have a little time to give in to the nap urge.  We'll go back to him in 2 weeks--lots more frequent visits now!

Our first baby shower is this weekend, and I'm so excited!  I never liked showers when we got married because the attention made me uncomfortable, but this time it's not necessarily for US but for Justin, so I feel differently about it.  Kerry will also run his first half marathon this Saturday!  I hate I can't be there to support him, but I know he'll do great.  He's pretty great at anything he does ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment