Sunday, November 29, 2009

With many thanks

This Thanksgiving was definitely one we'll never forget. Last Monday started out like any other, Kerry getting up and going to school, me tending to Otis and doing some chores. We got the call from home close to lunchtime that things were taking a turn for the worse with Kerry's papa, so the split decision was made to pack hurriedly and zoom up to Andalusia/Red Level. We made it in time to say our goodbyes and hold hands with papa for a few more hours before he was gone, and we are so thankful. Close to 9pm, it was finished. It was a tearful week, but a joyful one at the same time. We were with family and friends laughing and crying together, and eating way too much as usual ;). We will miss him terribly, but everything is going to be ok. We know who holds tomorrow.



Kerry and Austin even went running with me Thursday morning! It was great to have company on the run. I'm getting nervous because it's crunch time! My half marathon is this coming Saturday morning. I sure hope I can at least cross the finish line. I've trained pretty hard for this, and I'm looking forward to it...that and the many pasta meals we'll have this week ;)



Please continue to remember us at this time. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment