Thursday, November 19, 2009

A year after...


A year ago today we lost my dear, sweet Grandaddy. I say lost...he passed away. He had a far better place to be. It was tough, and I miss him so much still, but I'm confident that I'll see him again.
What's strange is that at this time Kerry and I are dealing with a very similar situation with his Papa. He has pancreatic cancer, and will most likely not be with us for very much longer. It's a heartbreaking time for us, so please remember us in your prayers. This is putting a strain on Kerry as well because he's juggling his studies and trips home to spend some time with his Papa before it's too late.
Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner! 2009 is almost in the books. I have nothing more profound to say about it just yet, isn't that sad? Today I only wanted to focus on Grandaddy and the things he taught me, and the things I still strive to glean from my relationship with him. That should be enough. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment