Sunday, September 18, 2011

From afraid to blessed

Listen...wait...did you hear that WHOOOSH sound?  That was life passing by!  Call it my hormones, call it an awakening, but I've had such an emotional day --and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I started out my morning with a bowl of cereal and a movie while petting my dog.  As I looked at Otis, the thoughts started coming to me:  we're less than 3 months from graduation...we're 6 months from becoming parents...life is about to change radically!  So, naturally, Nicole got scared and had a little sniffle/cry spell.  My day got immensely better when we went to church.  I had calmed down significantly by then, and was looking forward to the praise and worship part of the service.  I sang loud as I could, and with tears running all over again, praised God for our immense blessings - instead of being afraid of the changes.  How freeing that was!  God is good :)

Later, we had a surprise visit from my mom and dad!  We ate lunch and cruised around, just visiting, and it did my heart a world of good as well.  I am glad we'll be a touch closer when we move.  (remember I'm a homebody, right?)  After they left, we shopped around for houses online.  Right at sunset, though, we headed to the beach to stroll along at sunset...holding hands...you know, lovey dovey like, which also did my heart a world of good.  It's tough for Kerry to be gone so much of the week, but we know that this situation is for the betterment of our NEXT situation, and that's what's getting us through.

Humor me and check out this link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FUr5vs-AwQ
This is a snippet of the AMAZING music at 9forty.  We will miss Woodlawn UMC when we move.

No comments:

Post a Comment