Sunday, September 4, 2011

OHHH BOY...or girl... :)

How about that?  We're going to be parents!  It still really hasn't quite sunk in for either of us, but this weekend was like Christmas morning for us.  We've known for the past couple of weeks, but just didn't tell anyone.  Let me tell you that's the hardest secret I've ever kept!  I mean, we both wanted to run to the radio station and broadcast it to the world that very minute, but we know that wouldn't be appreciated ;)

The morning I took the test, I was up at 3:30, all alone, and thinking "this will prove Kerry wrong."  He had been telling me all week that I needed to take one, so when I agreed, guess what...for one of the first times in recorded history, HE was right, and I was wrong!  (just a little joke there...heh)  I woke him up whining that I couldn't sleep any more, so he needed to get up and watch a movie with me.  I picked several off our shelf (Nine Months, Knocked Up, Junior, etc.) and told him he had to choose from those.  He just shrugged because he didn't get it at that point, picked one, and got up and put on his scrubs.  THEN he shuffled to the bathroom and saw the stick...I wish you could have witnessed the range of facial expressions he gave!  I laughed SO much!!

We came home this weekend to spread the news.  We let Otis tell my parents (with a tshirt that said "I'M GOING TO BE A BIG BROTHER") and we brought a birthday cake to his mom from the baby and Brayden (her first grandbaby).  It was so much fun!  Everyone is so excited and we just love it.  Can't wait to see what the next few months will be like.

So far, I fell pretty good.  Not too much nausea, but I could give Rip van Winkle a run for his money in the sleep department!  I can sleep sitting straight up! 

Trust me there will be more blogs to follow on this topic.  Keep us lifted up in prayer!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment