Thursday, September 29, 2011

HGTV?!

Update time! Update time!

So since we've begun looking for houses over the last few weeks, smart little me thought it would be a funny idea to write to HGTV to see if we could get on one of their homebuying shows.  Well, "My First Place" and "Property Virgins" weren't currently looking for anyone, but "House Hunters" had an open invite.  Naturally I filled in the blanks and hit send--all the while not counting on anything coming of it.  3 days later, there was a message from an unknown person in my inbox that simply said "House Hunters" in the subject line.  It was one of the segment producers thanking me for the inquiry...blah blah blah.  I skimmed it thinking it would say "thanks but no thanks"...but wait...what did that say?!?  "We would love to know more about you and Kerry.  Where are you in your homebuying process?  When is the best time to reach you?"  SAY WHAT!?!?  I responded with our phone number, etc., and he wrote me back later the next day to set up a phone interview with us!  AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!  So next Tuesday he's going to run through the process and get to know us a little better.  WOW!   How cool would that be?!  Now--Pessimistic Polly (me) still holds out that they will say "thanks but no thanks"...but to get this far?  That's gotta be something, right?

In other news, baby V and I are doing well.  Nausea is still lingering, but I'm a little more energetic each day (especially if I get a nap!) and I'm happy as I can be!  I may be just looking for an excuse, but I've started having trouble being comfy in my smaller pants I worked so hard to get into this year.  Glad I saved the bigger ones, because I think they'll be necessary sooner than later!

Today is our 4 year/10 year anniversary.  We're kind of bummed we couldn't spend it together since he's in Dothan, but he'll be home tomorrow and that's all right with me.  I can hardly believe it's been a decade since he picked me up in his big, black, LOUD truck and took me to Subway.  :)  How romantic, right?  Hey- we all start somewhere.  Haha!  I've been smitten with him since that day!  We've eaten at a lot of other restaurants since, too.  ;)

Keep your fingers crossed for us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment