Monday, May 10, 2010

The HEART of the matter...

WHAT A WEEKEND. 

Please keep us in your prayers during this week-tomorrow especially!  My dad will be having open heart surgery for coronary artery bypass grafts.  He had some tests last week at his doctor back home, which didn't go so well, so he had a heart cath on Friday in Dothan.  Kerry called me at work, so I left early to be with my parents.  We rushed up there together to hear the news that he has some pretty major blockage and needs surgery.  I spent the weekend with them in Dothan at the hospital (Kerry had to work), and will be going back to Dothan tomorrow for the surgery.  Please remember us all, especially him, as he goes through this and recovers.  It's very much a surprise, and VERY scary for us all.

I'm trying to be more optimistic as a general rule, so it is good that there was no cardiac muscle damage to speak of yet, and the blockage is all we're dealing with, so they expect him to recover fully, and fairly quickly.  God is good.

I will keep you posted on results and outcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment